How Do I Apply?
Applications for admission are processed online by the School of Graduate Studies.
Click here to apply.
Material Needed to Complete the Application
- Contact information (e-mail addresses) for three people who can write about your academic and professional abilities.
- Official transcripts and Standardized Test Scores should be sent to:
School of Graduate Studies
Utah State University
0900 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-0900
- Your application letter
In order to be admitted to a graduate degree program at Utah State University, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 for last 90 quarter credit hours or 60 semester credit hours
- For PhD degree applicants GRE verbal and quantitative scores at or above 40th percentile
- For Master’s degree applicants MAT scores at or above the 40th percentile (or comparable GRE scores).
- Students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate English proficiency on the TOEFL.
- In addition to these minimum standards, the applicant's undergraduate education should have included the equivalent of at least a minor in family relations, child studies, or human development including coursework in family relations or human development, research methods and statistics. See Graduate Handbook for more details.
- It is recommended that applicants address the following issues in their letter of interest: (a) Experience and fit with desired training; (b) Educational and occupational goals; and (c) Short- and/or long-term professional goals following graduation.
- Once admitted, Master's students have six years to complete and doctoral students have eight years to complete their respective program requirements.
December 20th - Applicants to the MFT/MMFT specialization must submit a complete application (including application letter, transcripts, GRE or MAT scores, and contact information for references) to the School of Graduate Studies and supplementary materials to the Marriage and Family Therapy program director (see Graduate Student Handbook, p. 12).
January 15 - Applicants to the M.S., MFHD, and Ph.D. degree programs must submit a complete application (including application letter, transcripts, GRE or MAT scores, and contact information for references) to the School of Graduate Studies.
March 15 - Department informs students regarding admission and financial aid decisions.
April 15 - Student applicants must notify the Department regarding their decision to enroll (as per the Council of Graduate Schools resolution).